For ages HIV/AIDS have agonized populations of the world, and actually successfully caused many people to go to early graves. But today I have good news! You can stay free of HIV FOR EVER! Here is how……………
Since its discovery and especially when it became thorny in the flesh of Mankind in early 1980s, HIV/AIDS triggered many Myths, believes and sayings among the populations of the world as a whole.
Different parts of the world have held varieties of Myths and/or beliefs. But common among every race, and culture is the yearning for truth about HIV/AIDS, especially about its origin.
What the People Say
From day to day, different parts of the world witness such like voices, “We want to know! We want to know where this deadly HIV came from. We want to know why it has no cure and especially why it hails at our “secret fruit place”! – Is it true that it is a punishment for wayward mankind from God the Father Himself?”
These voices of desperation and puzzlement among people are all over the world. But nonetheless HIV continues biting and sending their loved ones to early graves.
But wait, at times it gets even worse!
In response, we have witnessed more populaces in different parts of the world demonstrate on streets, seeking answers from their governments about nothing, but this tiny, dangerous virus.
But as many wonder and/or even wander desperately like lost sheep in search for truth and especially cure for HIV scourge, the basic and essential question at this point in time is:
What Is Really The Truth About HIV/AIDS (And How Can You Evade Its Dangers?)
This article comes in handy to provide answers and the way out of this dreadful “HIV cobweb” so that never again shall anyone live in fear or trauma about the “bizarre” HIV/AIDS.
So, What Is HIV/AIDS?
HIV, which stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus is a very dreadful virus in our lives today. Unlike most viruses, HIV tactfully attacks our body immune system and destroys white blood cells which naturally constitute our body defense system against pathogens.
If untreated, HIV can easily go out of control and completely destroy the body defense system. This leads to a very dangerous health condition known as Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), a condition which exposes the body to all manners of fatal opportunistic infections; like TB, Typhoid, Diarrhea and many more!
The Origin of HIV (And How Is It Related To SIV?)
HIV and SIV, which is short for Simian Immunodeficiency Virus (SIV), are similar viruses. Research indicates that SIV which is found in Apes species mutated to form HIV, which attacks humans.
This virus passed to mankind while they hunted chimpanzees for meat in the African Congo Forest, of today’s Democratic Republic of Congo.
Origin of SIV
Furthermore scientists conducted another research to unearth the origin of HIV in 1999 with its main purpose being to understand how SIV could have occurred in chimpanzees. The research revealed that some species of monkeys, the “Red-capped Mangabeys” passed two strains of SIV to chimpanzees as they preyed on the monkeys.
They are these two strains of SIV that comes together to create another strain called “SIV cpz”, which can infect mankind. And so this is the strain which passed to humans from chimps in the process of hunting the poor apes for meat.
Other Myths and Beliefs About HIV
But this aside, as I mentioned earlier, there are many interesting myths and/or beliefs pertaining the origin of HIV and AIDS across different cultures in this big world. Below are a few of the most pronounced myths and beliefs:
- One myth states that scientists created HIV in a laboratory during some experimentation in one of developed countries. However, it is said, the virus accidentally went out of control before they got a cure for the virus
- Another myth says God Himself is punishing wayward mankind using HIV as a stroke of a cane. This is somewhat a religious version, and many who hold on it believe God will keep confusing scientists so that they can never get cure for HIV/AIDS.
- Some people believe that foresters in West Africa had love affair with some Ape family members, like monkeys and chimpanzees and actually contracted HIV from the Apes
- But surprisingly some people simply believe that HIV is pure witchcraft.
And for ages, they have actually tried to treat it the witchcraft way, though without cure.
So what do you believe? Continue reading for more discoveries!
How does HIV spread/Transmitted?
HIV only dwells in some body fluids like; blood, vaginal fluids, semen, rectal fluids, pre-seminal fluids and breast milk.
Therefore it is prudent to understand and take note that until any of the body fluid listed above finds its way into your body, you cannot catch HIV whatsoever.
In many parts of the world people living with HIV are still living in “quarantines” due to misconception of how HIV is transmitted. It is therefore important and/or necessary to get the facts straight about how HIV is transmitted from one infected person to another to save the situation.
Ways of HIV Transmission
HIV is mostly spread through the following modes:
- “Unsafe” sexual act, (vaginal or anal sex). Here I mean having sex with an HIV positive person without using a condom or without taking preventative medicine to lower HIV infection risks.
- Sharing syringes or needles used by HIV positive person(s), especially groups that use injected drugs
- From HIV positive mother to child during pregnancy, while giving birth or during breastfeeding.
- HIV can be transmitted during blood transfusion or organ/tissue transplant. Though hospitals around the world have taken much care nowadays, but still we cannot afford to rule out possibility of transmitting HIV, however small.
- Another way of transmission is where we have many cases of accidents, especially road accidents where people get injuries and their blood can easily get into one another bodies.
Does Casual Contact Transmit HIV?
Therefore, it is important to clear the air and dispel fear mongers, who seem to believe, and rumor around that casual contact with HIV positive person(s) can transmit HIV. Such social acts like hand shake, hugging, sharing of utensils and cutleries, sharing toilets, closed mouth kissing and many such day to day activities do not transmit HIV.
There is need to take this message serious because misunderstanding and/or ignorance has caused stigmatization and isolation of people living with HIV in many parts of the world.
Why HIV Does Not Hearken To Medicines (Not Curable)
Though some religious people belief that HIV is a direct “stroke of a cane” from God The Father Himself for naughty mankind, just like He had used poisonous snakes in the past thousands of years (Bible version), Science hold its on “belief” because it has a solid researched proof for it.
Therefore I write this article not religiously, but rather scientifically, (as proven). But this is not to water down the fact that I am a Christian — a stanch Roman Catholic believer for that matter.
Why There is No Cure Nor Vaccine For HIV
Since scientists identified HIV four decades ago or there about, they have literally worked round the clock in a bid to achieve its cure and vaccine. But HIV has proved to be so crafty and till now, as I write this article, there is no cure for the virus!
Like a skilled soldier, HIV has succeeded to be on top of the game because it’s two main traits.
- It tactfully attacks and attaches itself to the body immune system which is constituted of “soldiers” known as CD4 cells (T cells). This makes it difficult for immune system to fight because the CD4 cells become weak under invasion and many others die off.
- HIV mutates so rapidly while at the same time multiplying so fast. Research indicates that a single strain of “untamed” HIV in its first 10 days of infection can mutate more times than all the strains of influenza that have ever been discovered.
This particular mannerism makes it extremely difficult for researchers to get cure or even an effective vaccine.
The 5 Commandments For You to Avoid HIV For Ever!
Everyone desires never to get certain diseases in his/her lifetime. HIV/AIDS is no doubt one of the most dreading diseases in the world, and which many people pray that it should bypass them.
But while everybody wishes never to catch HIV, many of the world dwellers do not know exactly how to avoid contracting it. This is why in this article I decided outline all you need to do or/and not to do to avoid it.
While it is might be easy for some people to follow and avoid the virus, for some it is “commandments” which at times is tempting to try and do contrary. I don’t know in which category you belong. But whether you find the “rules” easy to keep, or as hard as keeping the Biblical Ten Commandments, you will only be safe if you heed to all the HIV commandments.
The 5 Commandments
- Abstain completely from sexual activities until you get a partner with whom you must visit a VCT medical facility and confirm the HIV negative status of both of you.
- Remain faithful to your partner/spouse till death separates you.
- Another means in which HIV spread is the sharing of syringes and needles for medication or drug abuse in many cases. But in some cultural circumcision practices, some communities ignorantly share razorblades and knifes. This is also a dangerous habit because it can easily spread HIV among the brave candidates.
- You should always visit a VCT at health facility and get tested for HIV in preparation for the newborn. And after taking that wise and bold step, make sure you adhere to the advice from your health officer. Essentially this is what will ensure that the baby you prepare to bring to this world is HIV –free.
- Make sure never to come in contact with the body fluids of other people. If you go-exist with Ape family animals, likewise you must take precaution. This is especially if you have a cut open skin, or any other loophole.
Note: the dangerous body fluids to look out are: blood, semen, vaginal fluids, rectal fluids, pre-seminal fluids and breast milk.
Polite notice: men who suckle breasts of their partners during sex are not safe either. The risks are more, especially if you are not sure of her HIV status.
HIV has been around in our lives for four decades or there about. At some point we thought it would wipe this generation off the earth’s face. But with scientists at their best fighting it; in what now looks like another World war, perhaps the Third World War!
We have seen fruits as a result; the sweetest fruit pertaining HIV/AIDS being the discovery of Antiretroviral Therapy. This drug has resulted to millions of HIV positive people now leading long healthy lives, as they go about their business.
The cure for HIV is not here yet, but the progress we have witnessed of late towards the development of an effective vaccine and curable treatment gives us hope.[….] we shall be there soon.
Remember Nelson Mendela once said, “It always seems impossible, until it’s done.” I concur totally. Perhaps you too, or maybe you don’t agree. But the truth is that the progress we have seen says it all; the vaccine and cure for HIV are in the horizon.
But you have a role to play! Heed to every advice pertaining HIV in this article and you will never regret.